15TH ANNIVERSARY ON THE CONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT OF VIETNAM NATIONAL UNIVERSITY – HCM
January 23, 2010, Vietnam National University – Ho Chi Minh City organized the 15th anniversary on the construction and development of Vietnam National University – HCM City.
In this ceremony, Mr. Nong Duc Manh – Communist Party Secretary General and Mr. Do Muoi – former Communist Party Secretary General sent bouquets of flowers to congratulate.
Attending this ceremony, there were:
– Mr. Le Thanh Hai, Member of the Political Bureau, Secretary of the Ho Chi Minh City Party Committee;
– Mr. Hoang Van Phong, Member of Central Committee of the Vietnamese Communist Party, Minister of Ministry of Science and Technology;
– Colonel General Phan Trung Kien, Member of Central Committee of the Vietnamese Communist Party, Deputy Minister of Ministry of National Defense;
– Mr. Vo Van Thuong, Alternate member of Central Committee of the Vietnamese Communist Party, First secretary of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union Central Committee;
– Mr. Tran Quang Quy, Vice-Minister of Ministry of Education and Training;
– Mr. Nguyen Trung Tinh, Vice Chairman of the HCM City People’s Committee;
– Mr. Nguyen Van Hiep, Vice Chairman of the Binh Duong Province People’s Committee;
– Prof. Dr. Mai Trong Nhan, President of National University- Hanoi;
– Representative of southern permanent agencies; representative of Consulate General of Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, France, Netherland, Denmark, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Norway, China, Japan, Republic of Korea and Cambodia; organizations, enterprises which have relationship with Vietnam National University during 15 years.
In this ceremony, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Phan Thanh Binh, Alternate member of the Party’s Committee – Party committee secretary – President, Vietnam National University – Ho Chi Minh City delivered the opening speech telling the process of VNU-HCM during 15 years, achievements of VNU-HCM and orientation of VNU-HCM in the future.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Phan Thanh Binh expressed that for VNU-HCM, the forthcoming period is for development and assertion not only in the education system of the country.
The first assertion is that VNU-HCM is a strong scientific and training center of the region and a place to study, create and apply its achievements to serve community and society. Community serving is an important principle of VNU-HCM, firstly for training high quality human resources, then supporting and associating with university network in the region to participate in the process of economic, social, cultural development of HCM City, Southeast area and the South in Vietnam. Integration and affirmation of international status are the process’ results.
In the process of developing a University with its true meaning, culture of VNU-HCM is carefully built as a factor of quality: culture of quality and culture of Vietnam in VNU-HCM. The former must contain the philosophy of Vietnamese culture such as generosity, harmony, and respect to people. It is a philosophy of living with responsibility, wisdom and true heart.
Next speeches were delivered by Mr. Hoang Van Phong, Member of Central Committee of the Vietnamese Communist Party, Minister of Science and Technology; Mr. Tran Quang Quy, Vice-Minister of Ministry of Education and Training; Representative of Consulate General of the United States. The speeches showed the appreciation of VNU-HCM’s achievements during 15 years.
Mr. Le Thanh Hai, member of politburo, secretary of HCMC people’s committee, emphasized that the City is delighted to recognize that for 15 years, which is not a long time, generations of administrative officers, teachers and students of VNU-HCM have tried their best to affirm its leading position in the development of the region and HCMC. The City leaders highly appreciate VNU-HCM’s policy of actively engaging in international integration and community service. In previous years there were many programs to support economic-social-technology development and human resource training for some provinces in Mekong Delta, Southeast region, West Highland, South Central Coast and HCMC. This is a precise policy to carry out the mission that was assigned to VNU-HCM by our Party and Government. It is also appropriate with HCMC’s policy. Member universities and research institutes of VNU-HCM have achieved many excellent accomplishments in training, scientific research and technology transfer, among them are outstanding achievements such as moving from standardization to association within the region and worldwide in some fields through training program assessment according to AUN standard; continuing to develop scientific research achievements in new material technology, biotechnology, computer chip designing… the number and also the quality of scientific research are ascending, many were published in reputable scientific magazines worldwide.
Mr. Le Thanh Hai confirmed that leaders of HCMC always believe and highly expect VNU-HCM, in the forth coming time, to keep on self affirming and reaching out to serve the community, especially HCM City, Binh Duong province and others in the Southeast Region. In particular, VNU-HCM must actively contribute to the process of building the city of socialism, civilization, and modernity.
On this occasion, VNU-HCM presented Certificates of President of Vietnam National University – HCM City and decorations of recognition for typical collectives and individuals.
- CENTRE OF INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION (CIE VNU-HCM) ENROLLING 1+ 1 AMERICAN MASTER PROGRAM
- Quality of human resource: Big challenge of intergration
- 570 years Anniversary of Korean language promulgation
- The Red Journey across Viet Nam: Traveling for not wasting the youth
- VNUHCM and Mobifone Signed Cooperation Agreement