Public lecture of the President of Harvard University at VNUHCM-USSH
On March 23, Prof. Drew Gilpin Faust, President of Harvard University, met with the President of VNUHCM and had a public lecture with students and lecturers of VNUHCM-University of Social Sciences and Humanities (VNUHCM-USSH) with the topic ” Aftermath: War, Memory and History”.
Speaking at the ceremony, Prof. Huynh Thanh Dat thanked Prof. Drew Gilpin Faust and expressed his wish to strengthen cooperation and exchange between the two universities in the coming time.
GS Drew Gilpin Faust said that she is especially happy to be present at VNUHCM-USSH, a leading historical research center in Vietnam. Faust emphasizes: ” It means a great deal to me to be here in your country, for important parts of our national histories have been intertwined in ways that have affected all of us.”
Appointed in 2007, Professor Drew Gilpin Faust is the 28th President and the first female President in nearly 400 years of Harvard University. She received a university degree in 1968, a master’s degree in 1971 and a PhD in 1975 at the University of Pennsylvania with a research project in American civilization.
- Prof. Vo Van Sen, Rector of VNUHCM-USSH welcomed Prof. Drew Gilpin Faust.2. Student of VNUHCM-USSH gave warm welcome to Prof. Drew Gilpin Faust at Hall D.
- Prof. Huynh Thanh Dat, President of VNUHCM gave as speech to welcome Professor Drew Gilpin Faust.
4. Throughout the theme of “American Civil War”, Prof. Drew Gilpin Faust skillfully conveyed the message of her desire for peace and cohesion between the two peoples.
5. More than 1,000 students and faculty members attended the presentation of Prof. Drew Gilpin Faust.
6. Prof. Huynh Thanh Dat gave flowers to Professor Drew Gilpin Faust.
7. Leaders of VNUHCM and Harvard University took souvenir photos.
8. At the press meeting, Prof. Drew Gilpin Faust said there are 16 Vietnamese students studying at Harvard University and its member schools.