Announcement for The 1st call of 2017 “NII International Internship Program” from National Institute of Informatics (NII)
Viet Nam National University Ho Chi Minh City (VNUHCM) would like to announce The 1st call of 2017 “NII International Internship Program” from National Institute of Informatics (NII) with the details as followed:
– Students will spend 60 – 180 days at NII for internship.
Master’s and/or Ph.D students who are enrolled in the partner institutions that have signed MOU agreements with NII.
– Those who are tenured faculty staff and will contribute to the home university will be prioritized
– Those who have obtained the Doctor of Philosophy degree are not qualified as intern students.
- Application procedure:
– Complete the Application form (can be dowloaded at http://www.nii.ac.jp/en/about/international/mouresearch/internship2017-1/).
– Students choose 3 research topics from the list.
– We strongly recommend candidates to make a contact with NII supervisors whom they would like to conduct research topics. (e-mail correspondence etc.)
– Submit documents and nomination letter to External Relations Department VNUHCM.
– VNUHCM will nominate 03 applications to NII.
– Screening of candidates is conducted by each NII supervisor first, then final selection is made by GLO and NII directors meeting.
– Notification will be announced after the beginning of 6/2017.
– No direct application from candidates is accepted..
– NII internship students must work on the topic which has been agreed before their arrival and comply with that work and follow regulations. In case of non-respect of the conditions, NII will take an appropriate action including termination of their internship.
- Sojourn expenses:
– 5,700 JPY per day as sojourn expenses (171,000 JPY/per month) will be covered by NII while intern students are staying at NII. Transportation expenses are in principal not paid.
– The cost of medical treatment for NII internship students will be covered except certain conditions and injuries (e.g., pre-existing/chronic conditions, dental care and vaccination).
– The foreigner who resides exceeding three months comes to have national health insurance joined. If applicable intern students MUST pay the fee of national health insurance to the local government of their residence. It can be paid out of their sojourn expenses paid by NII or their own money. The fee would be around 1000 yen per month. The procedures should be confirmed at the municipal office.
– NII internship students shall bear other personal expenses.
For enquiries, please contacte Ms. Thanh Thao via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (+84 8) 37 242 160 (ext: 1452).
- Special Audit Student (SAS) and Special Research Student (SRS) 2017 – 2018 from Hokkaido University
- The Hokkaido University Short-Term Exchange Program (HUSTEP) 2017 – 2018
- Announcement for International Summer Session 2017 program hosted by Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
- Space Science and Technology Conference
- Invitation to Seminar on Doctoral Scholarships from Auckland University of Technology