The Hokkaido University Short-Term Exchange Program (HUSTEP) 2017 – 2018
Viet Nam National University Ho Chi Minh City (VNUHCM) would like to announce
The Short-Term Exchange Program (HUSTEP) 2017 – 2018
from Hokkaido University with details as followed:
1. Genreal information:
– HUSTEP is a ‘junior year abroad’ type program designed to provide undergraduate
students from affiliated universities with the opportunity to study in Japan at Hokkaido
University. Participants in this program take a wide variety of classes offered in
English in the fields of Culture and Society, Environment, Science and Technology.
Students also have the chance to study the Japanese language. In addition, some
participants can pursue independent study research under the guidance of a faculty
member. There will also be an opportunity to take part in numerous traditional and
contemporary Japanese cultural activities. Students admitted to the program are
eligible to apply for a scholarship.
2. Course duration: late 9/2017 – mid 8/2018 (11 months) or late 9/2017 – mid
2/2018 (5 months).
3. Accomodation: Hokkaido University dormitory
The program is a credited program.
Students will receive their academic transcripts at the end of the program
To be eligible to apply for HUSTEP, students must:
– Be enrolled in full-time undergraduate degree programs at overseas universities that
have concluded a student exchange agreement with Hokkaido University.
– Be enrolled and pay tuition fees at their home universities as full-time students
during the entire period of study in Japan.
– Have completed at least two years of undergraduate study at their own university
prior to arrival in Japan.
– Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale or
– Be proficient in English. Non-native English speakers must have a score of at least
TOEFL iBT 79 or IELTS 6.5.
– Be able to arrive by late September or first week of April.
6. Required documents: 02 hard copies
– Application Form (download at: https://www.oia.hokudai.ac.jp/prospective-
students/exchange-student- admissions/exchange-programs- in-english- hustep/,
– Recommendation Letter
– Certificate of Health
– Certificate of Enrollment
– Transcript of academic record
– TOEFL or IELTS
– Three photos (30×40 cm, color and clear)
– Copy of passport
* Note: To assist international exchange students, the Japan Student Services
Organization (JASSO) offers the following scholarship to a limited number of
students. The Student Exchange Support Program (Scholarship for Short-Term Study
in Japan) includes a monthly stipend as follows:
¥80,000 (approximately U.S. $ 700) per month for five or eleven months.
For enquiries, please contacte Ms. Thanh Thao via email
email@example.com or phone: (+84 8) 37 242 160 (ext: 1452).
- Announcement for Temasek Foundation Leadership Enrichment and Regional Networking Programme @ Nanyang Technological University (TF LEaRN Program @ NTU)
- Announcement for International Summer Session 2017 program hosted by Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
- Space Science and Technology Conference
- Special Audit Student (SAS) and Special Research Student (SRS) 2017 – 2018 from Hokkaido University
- Hokkaido University JLSCP 2017 – 2018